Headstart Physiotherapy welcomes referrals from dental specialists, dentists, medical specialists, general medical practitioners, physiotherapists and other health professionals.
When should you refer?
- If the patient has undergone investigations with no significant abnormality shown, and you suspect a musculoskeletal cause of the symptoms.
- If the current medical or dental therapy is not having the desired effect and you would like to try other options.
- If the patient presents with mechanical pain, worse with movement or with sustained postures.
- If the patient is not responding to, or is unable to try, conventional treatment (e.g. splint therapy) for a temporomandibular disorder.
- If the patient has difficulty or pain with opening their mouth after dental or surgical procedures.
- If the patient has headache or migraine that has been thoroughly investigated, and you would like to investigate the cervical spine as a possible contributing factor to the patient’s symptoms.
What to expect
We will provide feedback to you as soon as possible outlining the following:
- Assessment findings
- Working diagnosis and potential source and cause of the patient's symptoms
- Treatments given
- Further recommendations
Please contact us if you have a patient that you think may be suitable for physiotherapy. We are happy to discuss individual cases and provide suggestions for management.